Solutions to reading, writing, math, study skills, memorization, attention & focus problems, test taking, perceptions, ADD & ADHD
Talents · Creativity · Gifts · Imagination · Natural Abilities
Overview of Programs
The Dyslexia Self-Management Training™
Created by Betty Ann Judah for
The Dyslexia & Learning Disability Center, Inc.®
- Provides a “jumpstart” program of intensive, individualized instruction for children and adults of all ages. Adult family members and tutors are welcome and are trained in every skill along with the primary client.
- Incorporates a multi-faceted instructional program, teaching personal control and management of dyslexia.
- Identifies specific learning problem
- Teaches methods of “focusing” and resolving perceptual confusion.
- Teaches brand new ways to learn to read, handwrite, spell, compose, do math, study, prepare for tests and quizzes, take tests, perform under pressure, stay on task, memorize, and pay attention. Teaches clients to use their dyslexia to learn!
- Provides a Training Manual™ and tutor work plans for the primary client. Then the tutor and the family members continue the Training.
- Enhances innate skills and builds life-skill techniques.
- Creates heightened self-awareness and often boosts self-esteem.
- Upon completion of the training, tutoring utilizing only our methods is then essential to maximize the learned skills and teach the client how to integrate the training into their academics, their work, and their lives.
Betty Ann Judah, President, Founder, and Director of The Dyslexia and Learning Disability Center, Inc.® since 1984; Bachelor of Science in Education, Psychology, and English from Northwestern University; Master of Science in Guidance and Counseling with majors in Psychology and Remedial Reading from Purdue University; advanced coursework in Learning Disabilities from Purdue University and Ohio State University; and Professional Member of the International Dyslexia Association since 1972.
Office: (702) 489-3241
Fax: (702) 982-3374
Where Your Talents Are Encouraged & Your Gifts Reward the World
Dyslexia & Learning
Disability Center Inc.®
Betty Ann Judah
Training & Tutoring Headquarters
Las Vegas, Nevada & Beyond
“It is incredible stuff. It brings tears of joy to my eyes and touches me in a very special way every time I share with people what my son and I have learned and experienced with this Training.
“Keep in mind, Angelo is a child who has struggled through school since day one. When we heard some of the things we would be accomplishing during our week-long stay at The Dyslexia Center™, we were somewhat skeptical. We looked at each other with that ‘Yeah, right!’ look. But we were told to keep an open mind and I am very glad we were prepped with that.
“The best part of the whole week was when I heard my son say for the first time in all of his school years that he was SMART and he knew he was SMART! Angelo has been set free of the feeling that he was stupid, dumb, slow, not the sharpest knife in the drawer, etc.
“Thanks to Betty Ann’s Self Management program during our week at The Dyslexia Center™, Angelo’s success in life and college is now a reality to him instead of a dream that he didn’t believe would come true.”
– Cindy (Angelo was 16)
“In my concerts I tell people about this journey and what dyslexia means. I discovered my dyslexia has been a major turning point in how I perceive life and how I perceive myself. It brought out some of the better characteristics of who I am.
“I lived under the façade of convincing people that I knew how to read when I didn’t; but I lived in fear because I was afraid someone would find out. It felt good when I finally took the shackles off and faced the truth.
“Then I no longer had to live feeling like I was broken and couldn’t do anything. I enjoy books now and I read whenever I come across something I am really interested in.
“It has been a wonderful journey. There is a lot of talent and potential inside of me. I know now that I am smart. I just don’t learn in the conventional way.”
– Ellen, age 30